Taxes and Tariffs
Menu Taxes and Tariffs
Why does DIYValuePicture have this policy?
This policy helps ensure that government regulations are followed.
How Tax is calculated.
The amount of tax charged on your order depends on factors including the following:
- The type of item or service purchased
- The shipment or delivery address of your order
These factors can change between the time you place an order and when your shipment is complete. As a result, the tax calculated on your order may change. We provide an “Estimated Tax” is displayed at Check Out when confirming an order. The amounts displayed as estimated tax may then be updated later when your order is completed.
Do I need to pay import taxes?
You are responsible for all import taxes and duties that may be charged when your parcel passes through Customs. Many countries do not charge import duties on private items below a certain stated value. However, you may find that you have to pay taxes when items s you have ordered from us arrive in your country.
We advise you to find out about the local regulations prior to ordering. DIYValuePicture can’t give you advice or information about tax rates and customs charges in your country.
How can I find out about my local import tariffs?
Every country has its own import regulations and restrictions. You can contact or refer to the official website of your local post office or customs agency to estimate the amount of import duties you may have to pay.
American States Sales Tax
Items delivered to USA, including territories may be subject to tax.
The tax rate applied to your order will be the combined state and local rates of the address where your order is delivered. For example, if you live in a state that does not impose a sales tax, you may still see tax calculated on your order if shipped to another state. Moreover, the tax rates applied to your order may also be different for a variety of reasons, such as a shipment to a residential home versus a business address. Also, the total selling price of an item will generally include shipping.
The states which are required by law to collect states tax include:
- From 1 October 2018: Washington
- From 1 November 2018: New Jersey, South Carolina
- From 1 January 2019: Connecticut, Iowa
- From 1 March 2019: South Dakota
- From 1 April 2019: Columbia, Nebraska
- From 1 June 2019: New York, Idaho
- From 27 June 2019: Rhode Island
- From 1 July 2019: Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana, New Mexico, Vermont, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia
- From 1 Sept 2019: Ohio
- From 1 Oct 2019: Arizona, Minnesota, Utah, California, North Dakota, Colorado, Maryland, Texas, Nevada, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Massachusetts
- From 1 Nov 2019: Maine
- From 1 Dec 2019: Alabama, Oklahoma, Kansas
- From 1 Jan 2020: Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan
Items delivered to Australia & New Zealand – Products and Services Tax (GST)
1. GST applies to products imported by consumers into Australia.
Orders up to AU $1,000
From 1 July 2018, if you’re buying an item located outside Australia and you select a shipping address in Australia, DIYValuePicture will add GST to your total at checkout. The order value (item price + shipping costs) goes directly to the seller as usual, and DIYValuePicture remits the GST portion to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Please visit the ATO website for more information about the introduction of GST on low value imported goods.
Orders over AU $1,000
If you’re buying from overseas and your order is valued at over AU $1,000, the GST is generally collected at the Australian border. You may need to pay it as part of clearing your parcel through customs.
2. Package shipping to New Zealand
From December 2019, if you’re buying an item located outside New Zealand and you select a shipping address in New Zealand, DIYValuePicture will add GST to your total at checkout. The order value (item price + shipping fee) goes directly to the seller as usual, and DIYValuePicture remits the GST portion to the New Zealand Inland Revenue. Please visit the New Zealand Inland Revenue website for more information about the introduction of GST.
Notice on United Kingdom Value Added Tax (VAT)
From 1 January 2021, DIYValuePicture collects VAT from buyers on orders that meet the following criteria:
- The purchase is for a physical item.
- The buyer is located in the UK.
- The total value of the package is less than or equal to £135.
- The goods are dispatched from outside the UK.
VAT is applied to the full order total, which includes item price, shipping fee